Saturday 7 September 2013

My first reflection

My first reflection.

First of all I would say at first when I started the course I saw it very demanding as many things were new to me. I had never created a blog before. I spent hours trying to create one. I must admit that it was not an easy task for me but thanks to my friends of  Msc Educational Technology I succeeded in creating one. From this courses I have learnt a lot and made me aware of many new things. I have learnt how information, reflections, ideas can be shared. I have also learnt how innovation is important in education  and how it may help to improve the quality of lives of people in the world and the importance of freedom in education.


In my experience as an educator, having taught in a college for seventeen years the profession of education is an exciting one. I have never thought before whether it is a profession or a vocation. For me it is my passion. I particularly enjoy having a skill base that is always able to be expanded upon -- and opportunities to explore my skills , or trying something new. I enjoy and appreciate the fact that education is very structured with defined goals, but allows for creative freedom in meeting these goals. Teachers have excellent resources, skills, and tools to achieve their goals and to reach out to numerous students in their careers.

Free access to information and knowledge are fundamental for education and development as well as being an essential requirement for improving the quality of life for people living in regions where the population has not yet reached a high level of economic and social development. They serve as gateways to knowledge, thought and culture, offering essential support for independent decision-making, cultural development, research and lifelong learning by both individuals and groups. Levels of access to information and communication technologies vary from individual to individual, community to community, and country to country;  Governments should invest massively in education.

 

 


Hoping to learn a lot of more new things in this course.

regards

shirin

No comments:

Post a Comment