Wednesday 11 September 2013

Who owns the copyright of your teaching materials?


Who owns the copyright of your teaching materials?

Staffs in my institutions enjoy academic freedom .We have the right to produce any work we want. whether we want it to be copyrighted or free access depends on us.   Academic freedom is specifically intended to foster the free exchange of  ideas within the school. I had the opportunity several times to create new educational materials for my students. for example for  revision on the chapter input and output devices, I created an interactive software mainly some tutorials and some  Multiple Choice Questions for my students.  it was installed on every computers in school . Pupils had free access on it.  Pupils enjoyed using it, make maximum use of it freely.  Having been able to create something which will benefit my student who come mostly from poor family is a great pride for me. Even my colleagues made use of it

Institutions do not have  to claim ownership of education materials. As an author one has the right to be recognised as the author, the right to the integrity of the work and the right not to have the work adapted, modified or distorted in a way that would lessen the author's reputation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment